Monday, June 19, 2006

Thirty-eighth Post Ever...

Well, this week has been pretty much a week for relaxing. Justina and Stephen are here, and we've watched like...a gazillion stargate episodes. And since we're on the topic of stargate, I've decided that this quote was worthy of my blog...so...this is something I haven't done in a while...
My quote of the day is:


"Hammond is insisting SG-1 needs a sociopolitical nerd to offset our overwhelming coolness."
"Have you considered Jonas Quinn?"
"Now I know you've been practicing, but I still can't tell…is that a joke?"


Anyways, we've been swinging and we went through the hobo-forest and Nicole got all wet 'cause she fell in the creek. And yeah, it's been fun. Monday afternoon we wentg out to White Rock because they haven't been to the beach in ages, so we went, and ate gelato...mmm...And then yeah...

I have decided that I will share some of my insight into computers with the world. I was browsing on Google...looking for "Google Art" when I stumbled across a rather cool little Photoshop tutorial on how to make your own "Google Logo." Leaping at the chance to enhance my computer savvy, I decided to do the tutorial and see what I ended up with! Here is the result of my (not so hard) work. As you can see (my version is on top, the actual is underneath) I did not too bad for a first try.



Since it looked so dang cool, I decided that I would try making some different versions...

The Committee Of Official Randomness Google Logo:





Nicole's Name Google Logo:

Stephen's Nickname Google Logo:


If you want to know how to do this, I suggest you go to the website where I first found the tutorial; http://www.logoogle.com/Photoshop-Tutorials-Google-Logo-1.htm.

I hope you enjoy futzing with this stuff... (by the way, futz is not just a made up word, Jack O'neill used this word in one of the stargate season seven episodes!)

Amanda at 12:39 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 8:27 PM Blogger 3-of-5 said...

So when I said it down in California it wasn't a made up word was it? Or is it only cool if Jack uses it?
Anyways, enjoy New York! See you later.
XOXO A.K.

 
at 1:06 PM Blogger Amanda said...

no..it isn't just cool cuz jack says it...it's cool cuz YOU said it first, and then Jack copied you..!!! how crazzzy is that!

Anyways, i think i will have fun in New York, if I can overcome the jet lag...
hehe...oh well...

I love you!

 
at 5:15 PM Blogger Claire Colvin said...

Have an AMAZING time in New York! WoW!

A.C.

 
at 9:21 PM Blogger 3-of-5 said...

I like the new look, very space age. (Or at least Stargate Age!!) I am going to look for SG:A-2 and SG:SG1-9 this week so that we can be all prepped for the coming seasons.
Talk to you after your trip.
XOXO A.K.

 

Post a Comment