Saturday, December 01, 2007

August Rush.

"You got to love music more than you love food. More than life. More than yourself."

This movie made me cry so hard. Never in my life have I cried so hard in any movie. It was so emotional, and it has got to be the best movie I've seen in a very, very long time.

The entire movie is like a rollercoaster of emotions, I just can't help but feel for the little boy who lost his parents...
"How long have you been here?"
"Eleven years and sixteen days. I've been counting. "
I'm happy for the couple who find true love on a rooftop.
I hurt for the girl who lost her baby, who hasn't seen the man she truly loves in ten years...
I ache when the man loses his one love and can't stop thinking of her.

this movie gives me hope. hope that there are good people out there who care, and things that matter.
it made me think...why don't any of us think about God this way?
Our lives become so hectic, and so centered on other things that we forget to listen to God. When things go wrong..people blame God for not listening, when in fact, we know God's always listening. He told us He would always be there. It's me who isn't listening. I lose the melody of God in the midst of the chaos of life. If we just shut everything out like August, we'd hear it so loudly. We need to feel it everywhere, it needs to be who we are. We need to love Him more than food, more than life, more than ourselves...because that's what we were created to do.
Can you imagine if every single Christian focused on listening for God in everything, and loved him more than anything....what a world this would be!

"You got to love God more than you love food. More than life. More than yourself."

Amanda at 11:18 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 10:48 PM Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Amanda, I haven't checked out your blog in a while (and apparently neither have you =)), but I had to comment on this. Well said, well thought, well written. God bless.

 

Post a Comment