Friday, December 22, 2006

Sixty-second Post Ever...cont'd...read the bottom one first!!!

(this is a continuation...read the bottom one first!)
Making REAL gingerbread houses is actually amazing! It was soo much fun! We had a blast just sort of throwing them together (in a very...structured and organized fashion...) Some pictures of us being "creative" and just goofing off!!! Loved every minute of it! Krystina...and Tya...and Moi... =P


And last...But certainly not least...(ew..how cliche is that?!) is Jon and Gab's wedding!!! It was so beautiful!!! I really want to get married now! We went to my friend Chantelle's house at lunch and got ready, were a couple minutes late to the ceremony, went to Rachel's house to make cards for the gift, and then got to the reception at 5:30 and were there until nine-ish. It was a great wedding! (for those of you who don't know who Jon and Gab are...Jon is my youth pastor, and Gab is my small group leader!!!) They are an adorable couple, and the reception was pretty rad too. I felt so pretty all dressed up and such! Chantelle, Shantel, Rachel and I made some pretty great jokes at our table (which we had to ourselves I might add....) and yeah. It was just a really fun experience. Rachel almost caught the bouquet! Not fair.
(here's me being all pretty in front of our Christmas tree! I'll soon have more of the group of us girls who went!!!)


Christmas is always a really busy time of year, but I love it. It's not like the rushed "hurry up we have to go do this NOW!" kind of busy, it's more like..."Hm..let's go do this, it looks like fun" kind of busy. But I think that in the midst of all the busyness we sort of forget who is the center of all of it. I know this is awful, but I think that every Christmas, it's more about me than about Jesus. I was contemplating this last night as I laid in bed, and I thought to myself "how many 'Jesus centered' questions have I asked this season? I know I've asked my parents what they got me, or what do I want to do...but I find that I never ask things like, what would Jesus want me to do here, or what can I offer Jesus." I realized just how self centered I am, and after just going through a period where all I wanted to do was please God, I think sometimes Christmas distracts me that way. I've decided to try and focus more on Him this season.




Ps. The TCOOR blog is updated! =D

Amanda at 10:33 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment